We are an eclectic club of people who are building a sustainable adventurous rowing club. We are based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, where the majority of members live, but we have members across Shropshire and as far afield as London and Oxford. We’d like to welcome you row with us to see if you enjoy the unique atmosphere in our club. Perhaps you have a great adventure in mind? Maybe you just want to get fitter? Experienced or beginner, cox or rower, 16 or 60, male or female, we’d be delighted to meet you. Why not get in contact and pop down to the river one night to give it a whirl? View our Join us section and we’ll be happy to arrange it
We usually row Celtic and Pembroke Longboats. These fixed seat boats are superbly versatile. The unique nature of the boats enable a more adventurous form of rowing. We have used them to row across the Irish Sea, on Bala Lake, on The River Severn or Thames, and even up the Caledonian Canal. They are superb for touring as they ride reasonably high waves comfortably, are pretty stable, and you can store your tent or hammock in them. Infact, their hardy and stable nature mean they can go where most fine rowing boats will struggle. A few members have had a serious mid life crisis and bought an Ocean boat for more adventurous sea rowing, a couple of members are giving the Atlantic a shot, and some others will row down the Amazon in 2015. Give it a try….who knows where it will all lead!
We row on the River Severn a few times weekly, but, as a member you can use the boats where you want, when you want, as long as it is safe to do so. Check out our events section for more details.
- Fun: Above all else, we want to have fun. Lots and lots of fun
- Adventure: We like doing adventurous and interesting things.
- Friendship: We are welcoming not elitist (hardly surprising when you look at current members). Any ability, age, shape, size, or flavour is welcome here.
- Simplicity: The default answer is yes. We have a “can do” attitude and think of reasons why you should, rather than a bureaucracy that places hurdles in your way.
- Safety: We enjoy and value life, we are not reckless.